Snapbacks first came around in the 1950’s when baseball players made them a part of their uniform, but in the 1990’s they became a fashion trend and part of pop culture. These caps tend to look similar to standard baseball caps except for the adjustable plastic “snap” in the back that allows the wearer to adjust the size and a flat brim. Snapbacks can be worn many different ways, depending on the style you are trying to achieve.
Wear a snapback classically.
Wearing a hat with the brim facing forward is the most classic way to wear a snapback, but it doesn’t have to be boring. Typically hats are worn like this at sporting events with team names, numbers, or logos on the front of the hat, but you can also wear a snapback like this as a fashion statement.
• For a girl, the classic look to follow this snapback is wearing your hair in a ponytail or a braid. This style helps achieve a cute, sporty look that complements your outfit, but you can also wear your hair down, or in any other style if you desire.
• For a guy with long hair, your hair can be worn down or pulled back into a ponytail or a bun.
• Clothes that complement this look are t-shirts, sports polos, or outfits that look pretty casual.
Look hip with an urban style.
Snapbacks are often popular to wear in this kind of style, helping to create a hip-hop, urban look that portrays confidence and attitude. Some people wear snapbacks facing backwards, but others might consider that outdated or a fashion no-no. You can wear your hat similarly to that of a classic snapback, but your style that goes along with it is really what gives you that urban look.
• Try throwing on a pair of sunglasses and a casual, but hip jacket. The look you want to achieve here is cool and casual, but still fashionable. You generally also want to aim for a very flat-brimmed hat, as this well help you achieve the best urban look. Another, less common, option for an urban look is to where your snapback facing forward, but with a slight tilt.
• For girls, achieving an urban look plays a lot into your style and the type of hat you choose. Pick a hat that’s somewhat edgy with a wild print, bright color, or embellishments, and wear your hair in a loose braid or down.
• Guys should also choose a hat that’s somewhat edgy with a brand logo or a bright color. You can pair this with a white t-shirt and some bling, or you can go for a more relaxed look with a vintage T denim jacket, and dark shades.